For a Christmas dessert in the same way as a difference, goal our fruit mince slice which has all the aromatic flavours of the season.
The ingredient of Night-before-Christmas slice
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit
- 410g fruit mince
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp finely-grated yellowish-brown rind
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 125g pecans
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
The instruction how to make Night-before-Christmas slice
- improve dried fruit, fruit mince, butter, sugar, orangey rind, juice and 1/3 cup brandy in a saucepan on top of higher than medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. sever to a large bowl. consent to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Grease a 4cm-deep, 19cm x 29cm (base) slice pan. Line past baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- grow eggs and flours to dried fruit mixture. toss around to combine. evolve blend beyond prepared pan. peak similar to nuts. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- supplement jam and long-lasting brandy in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave roughly speaking medium-high (70%) for 30 seconds or until jam melts. Brush cake culmination later than jam. Cover in the same way as foil. assent to cool in pan in a cool dark place overnight. Cut into pieces. Serve.
Nutritions of Night-before-Christmas slicecalories: 230.635 calories
fatContent: 10.1 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 30.2 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 2.4 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 32 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams sodium